We harvested last week of April 2017. Because of winds during fruit set and a cool summer we had a disappointing harvest. We tried to leave the fruit on as long as possible to get the correct sugar/acid balance but in doing so we lost probably 50kg per day to birds despite covers over the last two weeks. Lesson learnt is to pick early and adjust in the winery. The fruit harvested will be turned into a Rose.
This year the weather was all messed up and we were at least two weeks advanced on normal. However even more adversity came in the shape of the cyclone Gita which came at us from the west and desiccated all the North Western facing leaves. Very fortunately the grapes hung on, desiccated a bit and so we have harvested on the 26th and 27th of March. Brix was only 19.5 but the weather news we not looking good for the next few weeks so we grabbed the window. Yield was average but we got off some very high quality berries.